Summer Guide to the Best New Jersey Beaches
It’s summer time in New Jersey! The best, most enjoyable, fun filled time of the year… The kids are out of school, the sun is shining, the waves are lapping and the Jersey Shore is the place to be.
For anyone new to New Jersey, I would love to introduce you to some of the best Jersey Shore beaches and destinations this summer:
- Long Branch – The Pier Village at Long Branch, NJ beach is a newer, recently renovated shopping, dining and residential area featuring newer construction high-rise condos. Long Branch, NJ excursionists can take advantage of the gorgeous 33-acre Seven Presidents Oceanfront Par,k which features swimming, boating and picnicking facilities. There are plenty of exceptional restaurants and night clubs at Pier Village as well. The Avenue night club, in Long Branch’s Pier Village, is one of the hottest. Avenue’s night club is on top of its restaurant, overlooking the ocean.
- Cape May – Cape May has the distinction of being one of five cities in the United States that is an officially designated Historic Landmark City. Victorian Bed and Breakfasts and year round Victorian homes must keep compliance with the Historic Landmark designation. Approximately 80,000 tourists visit the beautiful Cape May New Jersey Shore Town per weekend in the summer.
- Spring Lake – In addition to Spring Lake’s Victorian charm and quaint atmosphere, the area boasts 2 miles of lovely, white, sandy beaches. Spring Lake is only 90 minutes from New York City, making it a perfect getaway to enjoy fine dining, pristine beaches, and charming B & B’s.
- Long Beach Island – Long Beach Island is considered one of the best spots in New Jersey for quiet relaxation by the picturesque Atlantic Ocean. One town on the island has an amusement area, however there isn’t a boardwalk. Fine dining and boutique shopping are prevalent on Long Beach Island, in addition to its pristine beaches.
- Sea Bright – A great place to stay if your four legged friends need a vacation! Sea Bright has a day-care center for dogs! But Sea Bright is also known for its private beach clubs and exceptionally beautiful restaurants. There are seven beach clubs in all. Relaxation and enjoyment are highlights at Sea Bright.
- Seaside Heights – Between 30,000 to 40,000 people flood the beautiful community of Seaside Heights each weekend in the summer. The beaches are stunning, among the best, and there is an array of dining and entertainment at your fingertips. With a plethora of choices for restaurants, bars, night clubs, water sports and boardwalk activities, Seaside Heights NJ is a true hub of entertainment, fun and relaxation.
- Manasquan – Its name, “Manasquan”, means “an island with enclosure for squans”. Manasquan offers some of the best New Jersey restaurants along with impeccable dining to its residents and thousands of daily summer visitors. One entire beach is handicapped accessible. Ocean and river fishing are popular activities. Manasquan is a great spot for family fun and outdoor activities.
- Atlantic City – Over 30 million people a year flock to Atlantic City’s 7 mile boardwalk each year. Who can blame them? Atlantic City remains one of the East Coast’s best and most treasured towns.
- Asbury Park – Where Bruce Springsteen started his career. Millions have been invested in new housing, infrastructure and rebuilding of the boardwalk over the past few years. There has been a re-birth of the art and restaurant community which is obvious on Cookman Ave and beyond.
I hope that New Jersey’s amazing summertime and it’s famous beach living brings joy to visitors and residents alike. If you are new to the area, and would like a friendly, hassle free place to meet New Jersey residents and learn more about the area, visit my Facebook page @ Sujatha Bhaskara – Keller Williams Realty New Jersey
The 37th Annual Monmouth County Fair will be held on Wednesday, July 27 through Sunday, July 31, 2011.
The specific dates and times are:
- Wednesday, July 27, 5-11 p.m.
- Thursday, July 28, 5-11 p.m.
- Friday, July 29, 5-11 p.m.
- Saturday, July 30, 11 a.m. – 11 p.m.
- Sunday, July 31, 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
The fair schedule will include: fireworks, pie eating contests, a horse stunt rider, entertainment, lumberjack shows, and much more!
Each day of the fair has a theme:
- Sports Night on Wednesday
- Cirque Nights on Thursday and Friday
- Children’s Day on Saturday
- Seniors’ Day on Sunday.
On Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday, ridegoers can purchase a wristband for $18 and enjoy unlimited rides for their session.
General admission for the fair is $7 per person. Children 12 and under are admitted free at all times.
The Monmouth County Fair is organized and presented by the Monmouth County Park System in cooperation with the Monmouth County 4-H Association.
If you have specific Real Estate questions in any part of Monmouth, Ocean, or Middlesex counties, contact Sujatha Bhaskara, Your New Jersey Real Estate Agent, by phone at 732.319.1340 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sujatha Bhaskara is your tech-savvy New Jersey Realtor who provides an exceptional level of real estate services to home buyers and sellers in Monmouth, Ocean, and Middlesex counties. Visit Best in New Jersey Real Estate to search for homes in Aberdeen, Colts Neck, East Brunswick, Edison, Englishtown, Freehold, Holmdel, Jackson, Keyport, Little Silver, Manalapan, Marlboro, Matawan, Monroe, Morganville, Old Bridge, Sayreville, and South Brunswick, New Jersey.