Memorial Day 2011 Events in Monmouth County, NJ
Happy Memorial Day to all of my fellow residents of Monmouth County! As we all take time to pause and honor our brave military servicemen and servicewomen who have died in service to our country, I would like to share some of the Memorial Day events here in Monmouth county.
SATURDAY, MAY 28
- BRADLEY BEACH: Boardwalk festival, 9 a.m.-7 p.m. May 28 and 29; Ocean Avenue; vendors, food, and entertainment; 201-970-6446
- HIGHLANDS: Parade, 1 p.m.; Huddy Park, Bay and Waterwitch avenues; ends at Veterans Memorial Park; 732-872-2350
- MANASQUAN : Fireworks, 9 p.m.; Manasquan Tourism Commission fireworks, sponsored by The Mill at Spring Lake Heights, on Main Beach; rain date: May 29.
SUNDAY, MAY 29
- BRIELLE: Sixth Annual Star Spangled Decoration Day Program, 2 p.m.; Osborn Family Cemetery on Holly Hill Drive. The theme for this year’s program will be the War of 1812; 732-528-5867
- NEPTUNE: Observance, 8 a.m.; Wayside United Methodist Church, 1229 W. Park Ave. the American Legion Post 346 Color Guard of Neptune, will fire over veterans’ graves in 12 local cemeteries; other times and locations include 8:15 a.m. at Calvary Cemetery, Route 66 by Shop-Rite; 8:30 a.m. at Mt. Prospect Cemetery behind Neptune High School; 8:45 a.m. at St. George Greek Orthodox Cemetery, West Bangs Avenue; 8:55 a.m. at Shelmas Cemetery, West Bangs Avenue; 9:10 a.m. at Bennett/Indian Cemetery, 2100 Route 33 and Sixth Avenue; 9:30 a.m. at Temple Beth el Cemetery, Route 33; 9:45 a.m. at Monmouth Memorial Park, Route 33 in Tinton Falls; 10:10 a.m. at St. Anne’s Cemetery, Belmar Boulevard in Glendola; 10:20 a.m. at Glendola Cemetery, Belmar Boulevard in Glendola; 10:35 a.m. at Hamilton Cemetery, Old Corlies Avenue; 10:50 a.m. at Greenville Cemetery, Old Corlies Avenue and Gully Road; 732-922-3983
MONDAY, MAY 30
- ALLENTOWN: Parade,10 a.m.; Main and High streets; remember those who have served and given the ultimate sacrifice and celebrate the gift of liberty; 609-364-0176
- ASBURY PARK: Service, 9 a.m.; held by City Fire Department at Firemen’s Park, Main Street between Sunset and Fifth avenues.
- ASBURY PARK: Service, 10 a.m.; Veterans of Foreign Wars, Catholic War Veterans, Jewish War Veterans, Disabled American Veterans, Tuskegee Airmen’s Association and other organizations at Veterans Memorial Park, Fifth Avenue, two blocks east of Main Streett. The Asbury Park PBA will pay tribute to officers who lost their lives in the line of duty.
I wish the residents of Monmouth County a happy and safe Memorial Day weekend! I hope you have fun and take time to part in some of these terrific events! I know that we are all looking forward to a great summer here in beautiful New Jersey!
For additional Monmouth County events, visit http://tourism.visitmonmouth.com/EventCalendar.aspx?id=111
If you have specific Real Estate questions in any part of Monmouth, Ocean, or Middlesex counties, contact Sujatha Bhaskara, Your New Jersey Real Estate Agent, by phone at 732.319.1340 or by email at email@example.com
Sujatha Bhaskara is your tech-savvy New Jersey Realtor who provides an exceptional level of real estate services to home buyers and sellers in Monmouth, Ocean, and Middlesex counties. Visit Best in New Jersey Real Estate to search for homes in Aberdeen, Colts Neck, East Brunswick, Edison, Englishtown, Freehold, Holmdel, Jackson, Keyport, Little Silver, Manalapan, Marlboro, Matawan, Monroe, Morganville, Old Bridge, Sayreville, and South Brunswick, New Jersey.